Zippo in the Bar

Sunday, August 11, 2013

''Zippoman's'' creed.


Using modified phrases from the United States Marine Corps (USMC) Rifleman's Creed. This interestingly crafted Creed Zippo model is done by layering a black matte finish over chrome, uncovering the silvery color of each letters.




Here's an abstract of the original USMC Rifleman's Creed. Here, 'Rifle' is interestingly replaced by the term 'Zippo Lighter'.
Abstract from http://www.grunt.com/corps/scuttlebutt/marine-corps-stories/the-marine-corps-riflemans-creed/

THIS IS MY RIFLE
THERE ARE MANY LIKE IT
 BUT THIS ONE IS MINE

 MY RIFLE
 IS MY BEST FRIEND
 IT IS MY LIFE
 I MUST MASTER IT
 AS I MASTER MY LIFE
 MY RIFLE
WITHOUT ME IS USELESS
WITHOUT MY RIFLE
I AM USELESS 


A recitation of the Rifleman's Creed from Vietnam war movie 'Full Metal Jacket'. Starring R. Lee Ermey playing a role as drill instructor Gunnery Sergeant Hartman. 

Fom YouTube:



'My lighter is my life!'


No comments:

Post a Comment